Saturday, December 13, 2014

Cody Lee - Dream (2nd Album) Review


Before I start this mini review, I'd just like to point out that I am no expert in music. I have very little knowledge of what's considered "good" music but I do know my taste. ;)

I had the chance to attend Cody C. Lee's album release party last night at Hmong Village and it was amazing. He sang 3-4 songs from his new album and his voice just melted the crowd's hearts. I was one of the few lucky people who won a free album. I finally listened to his whole album today and all the songs were on repeat at least 5 times. 


The whole album is great. Each song gives its own vibe, whether it be heartbreak, hopefulness, or even something to jam to. All the songs are so good that I have a hard time choosing a favorite. After replaying the songs countless of times, I finally decided that my favorite song is track 2, “Invisible”. The thing that makes “Invisible” stand out is the lyrics. The song talks about a person who feels invisible to others. Even when they speak out, it’s as if no one cares to notice. After being ignored for so long, “the quiet ones [become] the most deadliest ones.” I believe the lyrics to this song could relate to everyone. At one point, we have been ignored by the people who are close to us. We choose to stay silent until we reach our breaking point. Even the emotions that Cody puts into the song stands out to me. He really makes it sound like he’s been in pain for too long and does not care anymore. Every song is good in its own way, “Invisible” was just one of the songs that stood out to me.

The Hmong entertainment industry is growing rapidly. If we want to see more from the industry then we, as the audience should go out and support our artists/producers. Although I'm not posting any full songs, check out the preview that Cody uploaded onto his YouTube channel. I hope everyone will support Cody on his second album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment